The reputation is what people opine about your brand or organization or product(s) or service(s). It influences the public perceptions. If you talk about online reputation, it is similar, but influential conduit is digital.
What is Online Reputation Management?
The online reputation management is a method of controlling public perceptions over the internet. You can have a good command of the online conversations. Google, let’s say, is a buzzing search engine because of its online reputation. It infallibly visualizes search results irrespective of diversity in time, places and users. Nearly 63,000 online searches globally occur per second. It explicitly cues us about its esteemed online reputation. So, reputation management should not be left unattended.
Here are a few more reasons to spend some valuable time on online reputation management:
- To insert a balance
- To counteract misleading information
- To up front positive aspect
- To create a goodwill among customers
- To hook sales or high conversion
In the nutshell, its management can assist in either missing or hitting the bull’s eye (or, your business goal). The e-Commerce sites are slowly gaining the momentum. People have started hooking to e-shopping while being a couch potato. It’s easy to explore thousands of branded and unbranded products on Amazon, Flipkart, and Myntra by tapping finger on the mobile screen. Its effortlessness inserts ease in feeding feedbacks & boost conversion organically, as through SEO. These public opinions become crucial, which a massive online traffic runs after prior to buying something.
It explicitly underlines the fact that the online reputation management services can translate an opinion into sales. Its unprecedented role in commerce makes it crucial to attend seriously for seeking a breakthrough.
Here is a blueprint of the most effective online reputation management strategy that can assist you to be in the good books of users in 2019.
ORM Strategies for 2019:
1. Research reputation via tools: However, you should not judge a book by its cover. But, global customers take every review into account while setting their mind. Therefore, you should keep a track of your online reputation for doing what is necessary to keep it up and positive. You can come across what online community says about your brand through online reputation management tools. They automatically tap their opinions and update you.
- Social media monitoring tools, such as Hootsuite, Zoho Social and Sprout Social.
- Email automation software, such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact
- Google Alerts
2. Good mobile search ability: The mobile searches gained the spotlight since the day Mobilegeddon algorithm was introduced on March 19, 2015. It pushed the vitality of mobile searches up. Subsequently, the mobile first indexing update strengthened its role in gaining visibility and reputation indirectly. The mobile phones gained attention due to skyrocketing searches through it. Techcrunch states that Android searches exceed 2 billion searches a day. This is why 3,849,865 mobile apps made their way to the Google Play in Q1, 2018. The mobile search engine market share is marked 91.82 percent.
These facts are enough to focus on:
- The web optimization specifically for improving visibility through mobile phones.
- Make sure that you have fed a complete set of your business information on Google My Business page-Store or office hours, location, website, phone number, email and attractive images of your business places and products.
3. Social media reputation: Social media is where people open their heart. They share outings, experiences and even, file complaints to. Calling it a pool of comments and compliments won’t be incorrect. For entrepreneurs, the social channels, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, are the easiest way to explore remotely what people are talking about your brand.
It’s easy to know through a social account:
- Create Facebook or Twitter or any other popular social media account.
- Publish your brochure.
- Invite people to comment about them.
- Socialise while carrying out business talks
Their reviews will have several plus and minus points to think over. You can track on and counter-comment accordingly. Rather being rude and heartless, you should apologise to and appreciate your client’s review. Administer their pain points as soon as possible.
4. Reviews/ commenting: As mentioned in the forgone point, you should be actively involved with the interested visitors and customers. Monitor their activities on your website through Google Analytics tool. Like good reviews, bitter experiences can be there in your comment box. If you don’t have such option on your webpage, you should strategise these alternatives:
- Integrate social sharing information on your webpages
- Push to comment through lucrative offers, like discount and cash back
- Run a campaign or survey to gather opinions
- Place requests through automated emails
- Ask for testimonies to your clients directly
5. Videos: This mode is again valuable if you come across the count of visitors. Alone Facebook has over 100 million hours of videos. People feel absolutely delighted to comment after watching it. The accelerating number of video viewers hints to strategies online reputation through videos also. You can create a video with 4-5 testimonials of your client/ staff/ customers. Put them on your website and share. This strategy will boast your SEO activities. Even, you can share the pictures of your products or showroom or office in Google My Business page to put the stamp of authenticity.